The quickest way to increase production value of your Facebook Live broadcasts is through using graphics.
Adding graphics will allow you engage your audience in ways not possible before. Here are a few ideas about how you can use graphics:
- Brand your Facebook Live productions by adding a full-screen logo at the beginning of the broadcast or insert a logo overlay as a "bug" in the corner of the live video.
- Display a schedule for the broadcast and use it as an agenda for your viewers, ensuring latecomers don't feel lost.
- Make lower thirds for speakers and guests so the viewers know who is talking.
Adding graphics is not possible in the native Facebook Live app. However, you can easily add graphics to your stream by using Switcher Studio to stream to Facebook Live.
How to insert a logo into your stream using Switcher Studio
- Launch Switcher Studio on your iOS device, log in, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the blue + button.
- Tap Logo and then tap Photo Library. (You can also store and access your logo from many other locations, but we'll use your Photo Library for the purpose of this tutorial.)
- Locate your logo in your Photo Library and tap it to add it to Switcher.
- In the Properties window, make any adjustments to your logo that you'd like. You can tap and drag your logo to position it on the screen or pinch and zoom to expand your logo. Once it's where you'd like it, tap Done.
- Your logo will now be a selectable source in your Production panel. Tap the thumbnail to add it to the video window.